After my crumbling girl entry, Rachel dared me to do something this weekend that I hadn’t done in a long time. I loved being armed with this challenge as I moved through my days.
Here are the things I did this weekend that made me feel 10 years younger:
1. Woke up early every morning and took long beach walks, collecting seaglass and shells and rocks with holes in them.
2. Had my sister play with my hair and put makeup on me.
3. Ate pot cookies
4. Drank cosmopolitans
5. Did handstands, cartwheels, AND one front walkover in the sand.
6. Played a game called Cowgirls that involves answering personal questions. We discovered that not one, not two, but THREE of us had racy stories involving famous people. My favorite was the one about David Copperfield.
7. Ate chips and dip, gummy bears, ice cream and pretzels.
8. Had a little Soul Train style dance party where I found myself in the middle of the circle popping and locking. (I was a little too good at it. Not enough irony.)
9. Taped a sign, written on a paper towel, to my sister’s back that said, “Kiss me. I’m a bachelorette.”
P.S. I am sworn to secrecy about the David Copperfield thing.