After my crumbling girl entry, Rachel dared me to do something this weekend that I hadn’t done in a long time. I loved being armed with this challenge as I moved through my days.
Here are the things I did this weekend that made me feel 10 years younger:
1. Woke up early every morning and took long beach walks, collecting seaglass and shells and rocks with holes in them.
2. Had my sister play with my hair and put makeup on me.
3. Ate pot cookies
4. Drank cosmopolitans
5. Did handstands, cartwheels, AND one front walkover in the sand.
6. Played a game called Cowgirls that involves answering personal questions. We discovered that not one, not two, but THREE of us had racy stories involving famous people. My favorite was the one about David Copperfield.
7. Ate chips and dip, gummy bears, ice cream and pretzels.
8. Had a little Soul Train style dance party where I found myself in the middle of the circle popping and locking. (I was a little too good at it. Not enough irony.)
9. Taped a sign, written on a paper towel, to my sister’s back that said, “Kiss me. I’m a bachelorette.”
P.S. I am sworn to secrecy about the David Copperfield thing.
Good for you Andrea! You deserve it!
Great list!! Maybe I should make up my own list and try it next weekend…
that sounds like a terrific weekend. please do explain how “cowgirl” works!
we should make it a priority to be able to write a list like that at the end of every week. i’m glad i read your entry before my weekend; it inspired me to do things i don’t normally do. i had a blast…glad to hear your weekend was just as fun!
Viva la maison du Bob! Crumbling girl, you made the weekend shine. I had a great time playing cowgirls, munching freshy spring rolls, and searching for beach booty.
Enjoy your return to the shore next weekend!
This sounds so perfect and happy 🙂
Excuse my naivety – ‘pot cookies’…like… ‘pot cookies’?
Glad you had a great week-end! This sets the ambience for your big day!
YAY!!! Way to go! I took my own advice and DJayed a Vive La France!-style party. Never have DJayed before — not for a party! Then the next day I did something I haven’t done in awhile: I played my favorite game — Petanque! And I cleaned up, kicked all kinds of booty!
I need to do this all the time!
Love it!!!! Good for you!!!
YOU GO GIRL!!!! You are my inspiration to make up a list of fun and joyous things to do before next weekend. Thank you for sharing your wonderful weekend adventures with all of us.
you are a superhero andrea…lists are easy…doing what is on them ….ye haw cowgirl!…..
i went to the fair and ate buttloads of trash food, like corndogs, churros, cotton candy, warm cinnamon pecans,fakey lemonade,corn on a stick, cheese on a stick, etc! in the end, i was
too full for funnelcake. that sounds like an album title. it was priceless!
you are a great inspiration to all those who want to start her own business, including me. You’re a hero to practically everyone online I know. Sweet!=)
My goal this week is to visit the blogs I enjoy the most and tell the writer why their site speaks to me as part of the snazzykat love-in.
You take awesome pictures. And your words are equally inspiring. You remind me to slow down and look at life through different eyes. And that’s a nice gift to give anyone. Let alone strangers. Thanks for doing so.