– Reading White Oleander (dark and beautiful) and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (this fictional story is told from the perspective of a fifteen-year-old boy with autism)
– Laughing so hard we hyperventilated while watching Patton Oswalt at a comedy club. I am a big fan of inappropriate extreme potty humor.
– A daylong meditation retreat with my friend Sara. I didn’t last the entire day because I was seduced by the sunny day outside and the promise of a transcendent beach walk. Ironically, when I arrived at Ocean Beach (pictured above) it was so impossibly windy that my ears and eyes immediately filled with sand and my perfect beach walk fantasy crumbled under my bare feet. I suppose I should have brought my Burning Man goggles.
– Celebrating SARK’s new book, Make Your Creative Dreams Real at a local bookstore. I am honored to make a cameo appearance in this book!
– Holding Matt’s hand.
– I-tunes! and shuffling our entire CD collection while I make jewelry. I have been comforted by my work these days, putting colors together, sending happy bits out into the world.
– Receiving sweet messages from you.
– A perfect poem.
– Knowing I don’t need to call or write anyone back these days. The freedom of trusting my friendships enough to be silent.