Ben’s awesome, ginormous new shoes

new_kicks_red.jpg

Ben's awesome new shoes, shot with Canon Xsi

I remember getting new shoes as a kid, Zips, and being SO excited that I slept in them. Ben grinned when I told him that story and nodded in agreement, like, yeah mom, you totally get me! Nevermind that these hand-me-downs from his cousin are several sizes too big. He is happy as can be.

1. bahiehk

Yep!! Can totally relate.
    I still remember getting blue ballerinas WITH HEELS at age [undefined] and sleeping with them on for many nights.
    It must have been so uncomfortable but all I remember is the bliss of it and being so grateful my parents didn’t mind. 🙂
    The simple pleasures of life.
    ps. Is he doing pants-free summer?

2. cjm

Love the bandaid. 🙂

3. Sharon

I love the red laces. And the band-aid on his knee says “little boy” perfectly.

4. GailNHB

The thing is – we never ever stop looking for that amazing, heart-racing moment when we realize that someone really gets us. We look into their eyes with awe, wonder, and so much gratitude. And we are soooooo glad to have found each other at just the right moment.
    It doesn’t matter if the thing that connects us is as simple as a pair of sneakers or as profound as a soul connection that rocks us to our core. No, I take that back. The latter kind is the one that rings my bell over and over. That moment. That knowing moment. That “you’ve got me” moment. That moment of “you had me at hello.”
    I’m glad Ben has had one over sneakers. I wish us all many more such moments over candlelit tables, across coffee shop tables, and at our own simply adorned kitchen tables.

5. Catherine Just

I love that Max and Ben wear the same diapers
    and I love the bandaid, big shoes, the angle of this shot, the story of your connection and that you TOTALLY GET HIM! Love that

6. niki

Ah yes!! Awesome Ben! I totally get the excitement. My grandpa and I picked up a pair of matching blue and white Trax at the Kmart in Watsonville. I was about 8. Sweeeeeet ;). I slept with them next to my pillow.

7. kristi

there’s so much BOY in this photo that it nearly jumps off my computer screen and dances a jig on my tabletop! you’ve captured BOY perfectly here. so looking forward to starting up your photo course soon!

8. jenny

mine were green and gold and white! 🙂 just want to say i signed up for your course and am so excited to play! thank you in advance…

9. jennifer

i LOVED my Zips. I didn’t sleep in them, but I remember being SO crazy excited to get them. The tops of mine were blue and green checkered squares. Oh Zips, you were truly wonderful. I’m happy Ben is excited by his new shoes. I love that the laces and the stripe are color coordinated.

10. jenn

I remember getting hand me downs from cousins and family friends as a kid and loving them, even though they weren’t new, they were new to me. It was always exciting and fun.
    I love this pic, it really does scream boy, and it is adorable.

11. amanda

I LOVE THIS!

12. Lori

Just to see our kids that happy and excited is the best!

13. Peggy

I too, love the bandage on the knee…

14. Jennifer

This kid cracks me up. Such a little hipster!
    I am a runner, and I must admit that from the time I was a child until this very day (and I just turned 36 years old), I have LOVED the smell of a box of brand-new running shoes. I feel you, Ben – there is just nothing like a new pair of shoes.

15. isac

Encuentro que no sois derecho. Discutiremos. Escriban en PM, se comunicaremos.
    clusters