So many beautiful sights this weekend:
– My dear, beautiful friend Jen who came to visit me from Chicago. Seeing the city through her eyes was such a gift. Every new view made her tear up with joy.
– The fabulous Jonatha Brooke in concert at the Fillmore.
– Sugar snap pea risotto and salmon with artichokes at Viola’s.
– The coastline beyond Point Reyes.
– A herd of elk grazing near the ocean.
– The gospel choir at Glide.
– A hand glider leaping off a high cliff above the water.
– The puffiest most delicious clouds against bright green grass.
– Icelandic poppies in Golden Gate Park.
– A baby goat named Moe who liked to chew on my superhero necklace.
– The “wrentit cam” at the Point Reyes Bird Observatory. My friend Grant set up a surveillance camera in a wrentit nest and you can watch the baby birds in real time on the computer screen. Amazing.
And finally, celebrating my friend Susan’s 50th birthday in the Marin Headlands. Happy birthday Susan!