I’ve been tagged by Mati to write five idiosyncrasies about myself. Here are 5 of the many!
1. I hold my right elbow parallel to the floor when I brush my teeth. I don’t know why or when I started doing this, but it feels strange to do it any other way. Matt always jokes that I have “good form” when I brush.
2. Whenever I see [2:52] on the clock, I get really, really happy. AM, PM, you name it, I get happy. I even like [2:52]’s fraternal twin, [11:52]. I call it my magic time… and when I catch the number I feel like everything is going exactly as it should, like everything is right with the world.
3. I color coordinate my food to go with my dishes. Did I mention this before? I also do this with beverages and get very excited when the turqoise fiesta ware cup is clean and I can pour that pretty caramel colored coffee into it.
4. I am an obsessive seatbelt user and bicycle helmet wearer but every once in a while I spontaneously make up a rule like, “If I don’t wear my seatbelt now and make the whole trip without dying, I will never die in a car accident.”
5. I usually don’t use an alarm clock, but simply tap my forehead a certain number of times indicating the time on the clock that I wish to wake up. For example, just as I rest my head on the pillow, I tap my forehead with two fingers and say out loud “1,2,3,4,5,6, 7” and then a tap with one finger “30.” My “clock” is now set for [7:30]. I swear it totally works.
Now I tag you!