Things I am celebrating these days:
1. Remember that house that love built? The one in Rwanda that we all pitched in our fives and tens to help make? It’s done folks. Can you believe it? I am so moved by what power we have when we are together. See the full story on Kelly Rae’s blog. (Also, have you seen her beautiful new web site?)
2. I was honored to be featured in the Autumn issue of Artful Blogging! Have you seen this magazine people? It is full color, totally beautiful, and chock full of art and interesting people to discover. I joyfully read it cover to cover on my flight to Chicago. (And was excited to see I was in the same issue as the Shutter Sisters interview!)
3. Speaking of Shutter Sisters, I have been celebrating being a part of that incredible group of soulful and talented women. The Shutter suite was such a sweet refuge during the Blogher conference. You could just sit there all day and night and talk to nice people in your pajamas. The photo at the top of this post is of two gorgeous Shutter Sisters Karen Walrond and Irene Nam. (I posted a Superhero Photo challenge over there today.)
4. Our tomato plants are looking bedraggled and dry as a bone, but the tomatoes they are producing are off the hook delicious. Seriously, the best tomatoes I have ever eaten. Given that this is the first thing that Matt and I have ever grown in our lives, we are like proud parents, beaming as we come in each day with a new little gem in our hand. Tending them all these weeks has been a total pleasure. Next crop, lettuce!
5. Still celebrating the launch of Mondo Beyondo. I have been on a happy high all week, anticipating the magic of these classes. A warm thank you to everyone who has signed up!
6. Went out to see the neighborhood barn owls last night with a bunch of neighbors. There is a group of them in a big palm tree near my house and each night there is a wild show where the parents bring rats to the baby owls. So cool!