yellow heart of a flower, Canon compact macro lens, Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Things I am celebrating:
1. The end of the inaugural session of Superhero Photo! I am SO proud of that class… of everything we learned, the fun we had, the joy we found together! It transformed my summer. Total dream come true. I want to thank each and every one of you who participated from the bottom of my heart.
For those of you who missed it, I will be running the class again beginning September 19th. You can sign up now! It’s going to be great fun once again.
2. Going to see The Weepies tonight at the Fillmore with my man!
Who me? Nico, 9 months, Canon Digital Rebel XSi
3. Weaning Nico from breastfeeding. Hello brain! So good to have you back! But seriously, I feel like I have a whole new lease on life. I’m part of the small population of people that felt extreme anxiety while breastfeeding and I’ve noticed that since I’ve weaned Nico my spirits have been brighter. We had a good run, baby!
Ben at his graduation, Canon Digital Rebel XSi
4. Ben had his graduation ceremony from his preschool class today. He has one more year of preschool and then off to kindergarten! It was so sweet… They each made an astronaut helmet so they could launch to their new destination! Ben, not one for following the crowd, insisted that his was a jet pack and wore it on his back. 😉
Beginnings and endings are bittersweet… It’s good to acknowledge the sweetness and also grieve the loss. You can’t have one without the other. Learning to hold them both, one in each hand, is the trick. As I launch lots of new things in my life right now I am also saying goodbye to the old. It doesn’t sting so much anymore, I don’t feel so afraid, it just feels a little tender and achy. This is how I know my heart is still soft and open.
Wishing you a heart wide open with whatever beginnings and endings are happening in your life right now.
1. Wonder Lab: This is my brand new monthly membership program! Every month, we explore a different theme + I bring you all sorts of inspiration based on that theme. This month we are exploring creativity! Which of course, is my favorite thing in the entire world. You...