Kelly Rae’s boots, Manzanita, OR, Canon Digital Rebel XSi
photos of twirling girls, Manzanita, OR, Canon Digital Rebel XSi
my little cutie Nico, 9 months and my fave dress, Canon Digital Rebel XSi
1. Okay. So if you are my friend in real life, you will have seen this dress already (pictured above) like five hundred times. I can’t stop wearing it! So I ordered a new one this week.
2. My brand new Macro lens. It’s the Canon 50mm compact macro. Great for getting unreasonably close to flowers and humans alike. This lens is so much fun!
3. Candy Chang’s projects, especially this one. I’m a new/huge fan.
4. I’m usually not into parenting books or the like, but The Daily Groove newsletter really touches me.
5. Chew Beads! Cute accessory for mama, chewy deliciousness for Nico.
6. O Magazine. I know, I know. Who doesn’t like it? But I have to say that one magazine has never done it for me every time like this one.
7. Wearing dresses over pants. Namely, this one by Kavu which is way better looking in real life. I also love this dress by Texture clothing. It’s all hemp! but doesn’t look hippy-licious. I’m longing for one of their comfy skirts.
8. Chocolate cosmos. Not the drink, the flower. They smell like chocolate. For reals! Ben and I are so excited about finding these in the neighborhood that we have vowed to grow some. We also have a date to go to the plant store and ask, “How on the heck do you get those flowers to smell like chocolate?” Ben likes the expression, How on the heck…
9. Nico standing up for moments at a time. Actually, I have mixed feelings about this. It’s bittersweet… and all happening too fast this time around. Nico, slow down! Crawling at 6 months? standing at 9? How on the heck?
10. These photos above of Kelly Rae… who by the way is running her e-course Flying Lessons one more time! You can find out more about it here. Registration closes soon!
"Even a wounded world is feeding us. Even a wounded world holds us, giving us moments of wonder and joy. I choose joy over despair. Not because I have my head in the sand, but because joy is what the Earth gives me daily and I must return the gift. —Robin Wall...