The Magic Hour
Have you ever noticed how dreamy everything looks during the magic hour? This is the time of day just before sunset when the air is still, the shadows are long, the light is warm and soft and everything looks magic. The light can transform even the most ordinary things– fire hydrants, garden hoses, candy wrappers on the curb–into poetry.
There is a saying I heard recently that photographers are never home at dinnertime. It’s just too beautiful outside and they are taking photos! I can totally relate. This is my favorite time to shoot, especially in summer.
We can use our cameras as a way into presence and joy. It’s true. For me, photography is like a moving meditation, a way for me to connect with what’s happening in the moment, to see what’s beautiful and interesting and pull me deeper into my experience. It is a way that I appreciate the world and practice gratitude.
Superhero Photo offers a playful, creative way into photography that will completely transform your images. Like, forever! It will teach you to wake up to everyday beauty and capture it all with more skill and mastery. It is more about seeing… so even for seasoned photographers it will be a spark of inspiration. 6 weeks of fun. At the end, you will have a beautiful document of your summer.
All skill levels and camera types are welcome. Your iphones and point and shoots are just fine!
Here’s what you’ll discover, inside:
- Fresh themes, every week: Portraits, hidden treasures, composition, color + my photo secrets!
- No-sweat technical lessons: Superhero Photo is focused on play & self-expression, but you’ll learn the fundamentals of aperture, lighting, post-processing, and more.
- Treasure hunts: Download a collection of creative photo prompts, to inspire a spontaneous photography adventure.
- Interviews, galore: Inspiring chats with super-talented photographers, like Tracey Clark, Vivienne McMaster, Anna Kuperberg, Andrea (Hula) Jenkins, and Tara Whitney.
- Community cheerleading: A warm & encouraging community space on Flickr to share & admire our work.
Join in the fun! Class begins next Monday, July 9th!
When I was a kid I used to call it “happy golden light”. I still remember riding my bike around the neighbourhood in the almost pink light of a summer evening. Beautiful.
Only take one-dose every day and you’ll certainly see outcomes following a number
of days. Overall I do believe the pros outweigh the cons in regards to using creatine monohydrate.