For our first prompt for the Brave Blogging course (you can still join in!) I asked my students to play with the meme that went around on Facebook for years – 25 Random Things about Me. It’s a great way to get loose and free with your writing. Here we go!
1. When I was 9 years old I dreamed of being a dancer on a cruise ship.
2. My favorite sound is when a big dog is eating crunchy food.
3. I have always been the girl to arrive at the party first and leave by 10pm.
4. I proudly stole weed from my parents when I was in high school and was mortified when my friends said, “This is shit weed! We can’t smoke this!”
5. I was the homecoming queen.
6. In my early 20’s I was obsessed with vintage photo booths and photographed myself in wacky costumes.
7. I often (mistakenly) see people with limbs missing when I walk down the street. I know, weird!
8. I’m afraid to drive at night.
9. I’m afraid to drive in cities where I don’t know where I’m going.
10. GPS changed my life.
11. When I was born, the doctors told my mother I might have Down Syndrome because of the unique lines on my palms.
12. I realized I was a grownup when Ben had his first seizure and there was no one around but me.
13. I still live with my husband even though we have been separated for more than a year.
14. This has been a gift in many ways to our healing process as a family.
15. I used to believe I was broken.
16. Zoloft kinda saved my life.
17. I met Gary Coleman in an elevator at the Beverly Wilshire hotel when I was 8 years old. We were the same height.
18. I believe in ghosts.
19. Once, a ghost spooned me while I napped at a friend’s house. When I woke up it wouldn’t let go. It was weird and scary.
20. I fantasize about being a great runner who runs in the rain.
21. I can still do the splits.
22. I cuss like a sailor in the right company.
23. I like talking to strangers.
24. I have synesthesia and see numbers as colors.
25. I often take walks during the magic hour so I can commune with the dogs of the neighborhood. It’s always the highlight of my day.
I loved learning these things about you, Andrea. Thank you for your list!
#22 me, too!
Do you think your ghost experience was a case of sleep paralysis? That happens to me when I’m very stressed out. And I’ve experienced the “night hag” spooning me from behind. It is really, really emotionally uncomfortable for me.
I simply couldn’t depart your website prior to suggesting that I actually loved the standard information a person provide in your visitors? Is gonna be again frequently in order to check up on new posts.