1. Finding an entire family of pickles when I cut up Ben’s snack tonight. We were both very excited.
2. This quote from Rachel Naomi Remen (taken from a longer piece that is worth reading as well):
“Helping incurs debt. When you help someone they owe you one. But serving, like healing, is mutual. There is no debt. I am as served as the person I am serving. When I help I have a feeling of satisfaction. When I serve I have a feeling of gratitude. These are very different things.”
3. Listening to Danielle LaPorte’s interview (and so many other great ones) on the World’s Biggest Summit. By the way, it’s free! And you can still sign up and listen to all of the interviews in the summit so far. Mine is on Day #5.
4. Looking at the fantastic photos from my students in the fall session of Superhero Photo.
5. Finding my favorite bra again after forgetting what the name of it was. Also discovering it was only 20 dollars!
6. This fantastic Radio Lab episode where Paul Auster talks about what he calls rhyming events. Fascinating!
7. Discovering there is a new book by Marisa De Los Santos. I love everything she’s written.
9. Bought my ticket to Hana, Maui to celebrate my 40th birthday in early November. Will miss my men, but very excited for this solo mission! Anything I have to do/see while I’m there?
10. Dreaming up a new Superhero Photo class for early 2012 and an in person workshop here in the Bay area. Anyone interested in joining me?