Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

Nico walking, Live Oak Park

Nico and his hair wings

Nico is my superhero

Nico's irresistible, full body smile

10 things I love about Nico:

1. His smile that is SO big, anyone within 100 feet can feel the full impact. (see above photo in stroller) It is more contagious and wonderful than any possible thing in the world.

2. The way he throws the entire weight of his body onto Ben when he hugs him.

3. His inflatable feet.

4. His easy laughter.

5. His excitement when we play “get you” and chase each other around the house.

6. The way his entire body shakes, his hands ball into fists, his forehead gets red and he grunts exceptionally loud when he gets angry. We always wait for him to turn green and bust through his onesie, Incredible Hulk style in these moments.

7. How he likes to hug and put his arm around other kids at the park.

8. That his first words are “yeah…” and “look! look!” giving us a little window into his personality.

9. That he is my best customer at the dinner table.

10. That my heart bursts at the sight of him. That he has expanded the love in our home exponentially. That he has opened up something in all of us that is beyond sacred and extraordinary.

1. debbie

happy birthday, nico! you are radiantly beautiful, little man.

2. Nattie

So precious and handsome, look at those lashes! You have captured some great shots as well! Happy Birthday to the 3rd person I know with this lovely 11/4 birthday!!!

3. Hannah Marcotti

And happy birthday to you mama, these are such amazing markers for our life as mamas. Our third baby opened us up in such a way as you describe. He changed everything and even when it is really hard, I find my joy inside of his heart.

4. julia

Happy Birthday, precious Nico! You are quite a beauty. And love to you, beautiful Mommy.

<3 Julia

5. Catherine Just

You Made it through a YEAR of having TWO children, a husband, a business and a creative life! That is worth celebrating!! Nico is pure JOY! I love him!

This one stuck me the most:

You say with words what I feel about my own son but didn’t have exactly the right way of saying it. YES! YES! YES!

Now go have some cake!
    xo
    *c

6. Mariella Newton

So wonderful!! happy happy birthdaaaaay, Nico! 🙂 xo

7. Teresa McFayden

That is one adorable looking one year old!! What a cutie! Happy Birthday Nico!

8. Beth

Happy Birthday Nico!! 🙂 Hugs from the Northeast!

9. Briana G.

What a cutie! Happy Birthday, Nico!
    Congrats on all that you do well, Andrea, including making sweet children!

10. Leah

Hard to believe it’s been a year! He is so adorable–looks just like his dad, eh?

11. elisa mikiten

Michael Jackson pops into my head…

Where did you come from baby, and oooo won’t you take me there!

Happy birthing day, Mama.

12. SarahWT

Aw… 🙂 A very happy birthday to you, Nico!

13. Spyros Heniadis

Happy birthday Nico!

These pictures are wonderful. 🙂

14. Susie

Happy Birthday Nico!! Such a wonderful smile!!

15. Rockyann

He looks like you 🙂 Just adorable. The both of you.

16. LauraC

How has it been a year already? Happy birthday Nico! And many wonderful blessings to you Andrea and your family!

17. Yolanda

Happy birthday to darling Nico!

18. Denise Abatzis

Aw – Happy Birthday to your littlest!

Mine just turned 1, too. What fun times these are!

19. Michelle Shopped

yeah, that’s the other sweet birthday peep i was lookin’ for — love!

20. Sarah Ford

He’s rocking the odd sock look – love it! Am still doing that at 39 – noone else can see, but I know!

Sarah